Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sydney Medibank International: Semifinal Fearless Forecast



Well, the quarterfinals have been decided, so now I'm choosing my four semifinalist for this event. 

In the upper part of the draw, between Dominika Cibulkova (#32) and Alisa Kleybanova (#26), I would choose Cibulkova.  I've seen her play and although she's short, she can be a very wily player.  Between Kim Clijsters (#3) and Victoria Azarenka (#10), I'll choose Clijsters.  Australia has always been a good place for her to perform.

In the lower part of the draw, between Li Na (#1) and Svetlana Kuznetsova (#25), I'd choose Svetlana Kuznetsova, partly because she had to beat tougher players to get to this round (Stosur).  Both had to go three sets though to win their quarterfinal slots so I think they're both even, fatigue-wise.  Finally, between Bojana Jovanovski (#77) and Flavia Pennetta (#24), I think Flavia can win it, but in two close sets.  Bojana though won over players ranked higher than her, like Kaia Kanepi and Aravane Rezai, so I think she has a good chance to make it into the semi's if she plays at the same high level she is playing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment