Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Saying Goodbye to Kim Clijsters the Second Time Around

When I saw the draw, I knew Laura Robson was going to be a tough opponent for Kim Clijsters, but I didn't fully expect her to bundle out Kim in two sets!  I actually thought Kim would be able to reach as far as the semifinals before bowing out, but it was not meant to be, as Laura played superb tennis and held her nerve throughout their match today.

My favorite Kim moment was her epic French Open final with Serena Williams, way back in 2002 I think.  Anyway, it was probably one of the best women's French Open finals I have seen and Kim played superbly well, although she lost to Serena.  At that time, Kim was still tagged as the best player NOT to have won a Grand Slam.  Of course, she made reparations for that years later, and she now has several Grand Slam titles to her name.

We'll definitely miss you Kim, au revoir!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment