Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Monday, June 25, 2012

Matches I've Seen Today: Kim Clijsters vs. Jelena Jankovic

I was a bit saddened when I saw the draw to find Kim Clijsters and Jelena Jankovic slated to meet in the first freaking round!  I love both players and it would be a pity if one of them exits so early.  But that's how tennis draws are done!  One unseeded legendary player like Clijsters may meet a seeded player - and she did!

And she won too! Quite handily!  Although the scoreline does not really show the effort both ladies put on the match.  The first set was a run through by Clijsters but by the second set, Jankovic matched her already point for point.  However, Clijsters came out with very good shots towards the end to finally seal the deal at 64.  I have to check yet how deep she can realistically get into the tournament, but with the way she's playing now, I figure, deep enough!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment