Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Thursday, May 17, 2012

In My Fantasy World, I Am A Tennis Umpire


Sometimes, I wish I could turn back time and change my career path.  Of course, I have no regrets about my chosen career now, but on days when I daydream, I think of myself as a tennis umpire, doing the finals of Roland Garros or Wimbledon.  Of course, the reality is, I don't think I could be a good umpire for several reasons -

#1 My poor eyesight.  It deteriorated when I was in college so I don't think I'd pass the tennis ball throwing test.

#2  My schizophrenic brain - my concentration is not really topnotch and in a tennis game, an umpire's concentration has to last for 3 to 4 hours!  In that Isner-Mahut marathon match - it took more than a day!! 

#3 I hate being under the sun.  So there, not quite the career I'm suited for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment