I finally saw former French Open champion Ana Ivanovic play two nights ago in the third round of the Rome Open - and I was impressed with what I saw! Her service was working and her groundstrokes were deadly once again. I guess her work with her new coach is finally bringing results. However, she really tried her best to play toe-to-toe with Maria Sharapova but Maria was just too aggressive and she was really fit. Ana kinda faded by the third set so she really has to improve her fitness just in case she runs into players with full tanks - like Maria.
Labels
Popular Posts of the Week
-
Since Jurgen Zopp is the lowest ranked player to reach the second round this French Open, he is rewarded as the Male Breakout Player for ...
-
1. Serena Williams / Venus Williams (USA) - 15 2. Karolina Pliskova / Petra Kvitova (CZE) - 19 3. Svetlana Kuznetsova / Elena Vesnina (...
-
Julia Goerges will carry the hopes for Germany in the Stuttgart Open. Today, she stuns Samantha Stosur 64 36 75, to get into the finals o...
-
Zhang Shuai is one of the four Chinese women in the Top 100 today, and gauging from how she played today, I won't be surprised if she ...
-
Well, I just checked the uppermost segment of the women's draw and Maria Sharapova should be the player in that side of the draw that ...
-
Novak Djokovic continues to be unbeaten this year, beating clay court king Rafael Nadal here in Madrid, to win this year's trophy....
-
It's the usual Russians, Spanish and French players during the yearly French Open, so it's interesting to see that two Brits and two...
-
Taking advantage of the sudden withdrawal of Maria Sharapova, Bethanie Mattek-Sands took care of the other seed, Andrea Petkovic, to take ...
-
Sergei Bubka , namesake of the great pole vaulter from Russia , is the player in focus at the Qatar Open , being the lowest ranked playe...
-
Using the Head-to-Head data available at www.atptennis.com, here was the final 8 in the my fantasy 2012 Olympics Men's Tennis competiti...
Friday, May 18, 2012
Finally Seeing Ana Ivanovic Play
I finally saw former French Open champion Ana Ivanovic play two nights ago in the third round of the Rome Open - and I was impressed with what I saw! Her service was working and her groundstrokes were deadly once again. I guess her work with her new coach is finally bringing results. However, she really tried her best to play toe-to-toe with Maria Sharapova but Maria was just too aggressive and she was really fit. Ana kinda faded by the third set so she really has to improve her fitness just in case she runs into players with full tanks - like Maria.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment