Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Sunday, May 27, 2012

FO 2012: Matches I've Seen - Venus Williams vs. Paula Ormaechea




















After seeing Andy Roddick lose to Nicolas Mahut, it kinda made me sad to see another one of my idols, Venus Williams lose the first set to a newcomer, Paula Ormaechea of Argentina.  I have heard of the wily Argentinian before and knows that she can play well on clay - and so, when she won the first set 64, taking her game to the veteran, I was a bit worried.  Also, Venus was as calm as she can be. I guess, she felt like, been here done that!

She blasted into the second set though, rushing 50 and ending at 61.  The third set was more hotly contested until 33 when Venus closed ranks and won it 63.  She was quite reserved with her victory.  I guess it's because she's in such a tough part of the draw!  Oh well, one round at a time!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment