Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Getting to Know Benoit Paire


I have seen Benoit Paire's name several times in the draws that I check but this is the first time I've seen him go as far as the final, this time, in the Belgrade Open!  This is also the first time I've seen him play - and like his retired compatriot, Fabrice Santoro, Benoit is like a magician on court - you never know what he is going to put out.  I love the way he plays those drop shots and he does have an unconventional way of playing that could throw off the rhythm of his opponents.

In the game today, he won over the #1 seed, Pablo Andujar, 63 16 63 and this is his first final.  He had to beat Garcia-Lopez, Fognini and Nieminen to get to the semifinals.

I hope he does well in Roland Garros.  The world should know about him more.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment