Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Second Grand Slam Semi for Angelique Kerber #angeliquekerber #wimbledon

I admit I too was surprised to find out that Angelique Kerber came out of nowhere to enter last year's US Open semifinal.  All I remember about her before that grand slam was that she was ranked somewhere in the 70s.  How fast her rise has been!  She's now #8 in the world (a rank which will surely change after this Wimbledon) and she's into her SECOND grand slam semifinal today, as she narrowly beat her compatriot, Sabine Lisicki, and she achieved all that within a span of a year!  

Methinkswith the way she played her fourth round and quarterfinal, she's the one who looks more hungry to win her first grand slam.  And she's so calm!! No expression, no outward shrieks!  Just calm, steady and dangerous playing, with a lot of power!

However, I still place my bet on Agnieszka Radwanska.  Her clever choice of shots should thwart Kerber.

I
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment