Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Fantasy 2012 Olympics Women's Singles Tennis - Lower Bottom Draw

I formulated my own 2012 Olympic Games women's draw based on this week's rankings (July 23, 2012).  What I did was to randomly place the top 64 players (like the Olympics) all over the draw but allowing only four entries per country.  If a fifth entry is still in the top 64, I skipped her for the next player.  I did not follow the Olympic rule of reserving three slots for small countries since that would just weaken the field.

 To know who wins in each match up, I used the Head-to-Head data available at www.wtatour.com.  It's interesting how things turned out!

Angelique Kerber (GER) vs. Sorana Cirstea (ROU)

Timea Babos (HUN) vs. Roberta Vinci (ITA)

Andrea Petkovic (GER) vs. Caroline Wozniak (USA)

Marina Erakovic (NZL) vs.Li Na (CHN)

Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) vs. Shahar Peer (ISR)

Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) vs. Yanina Wickmayer (BEL)

Julia Goerges (GER) vs. Galina Voskoboeva (KAZ)

Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) vs. Maria Sharapova (RUS)



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment