Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Super Sam Gets First Grand Slam Title in Flushing Meadows


When I first saw the draw two weeks ago, I was in a bit of a doubt when I figured out the draw and came out with a possible Samantha Stosur and Serena Williams final.  Doubt in the sense that, at that time, I couldn't quite make out how Sam could possibly reach the final - and defeat the raging hot Serena! 

Then I saw her play this week.  Sam broke two records along the way - now she has played the longest match in the US Open in the women's side and the longest tiebreak!  And to cap those achievements, she promptly played flawless tennis to sidetrack Serena Williams and win her first ever Grand Slam title in Flushing Meadows!

Bravo Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment