Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Three Reasons Why I Could Identify With Elena Dementieva

Undeniably, she's one of the few female players right now who are due to win a Grand Slam title.  If Francesca Schiavone can do it, so can she! But a Grand Slam title has been elusive for her but I believe, in due time, when all the stars align, it will come to her!

She also happens to be my most favorite active tennis player today, male or female.  I follow her closely during Grand Slams.  I've seen her play live already in Wimbledon and I always root for her!  However, she has some weaknesses as a tennis player, like her famous serve, which might be her letdown.  Even then, I like her very much!  Here are three reasons why I can identify with her:

1.  All of us have weaknesses, and no matter how hard we try to improve on them, that weakness will never become our greatest strength.  It will still be ordinary compared to others.  Elena has admitted that her serve has let her down many times, but she said, she still stays in the game, fighting for every point.  I like a fighter who knows that even if her game is not like Serena Williams, she believes she has the ability to win over Serena. So in my life, I stay being a fighter, even if my weaknesses can make me stumble from time to time. 

2. Focus on your strengths.  Elena's strength is her powerful groundstrokes.  I've observed that even if her serve is faltering, her groundstrokes stay solid.  I do that too!  I concentrate on my strengths and even if my weaknesses are getting me down, I know my strengths can get me through the tough challenge I am facing.

3.  I love her consistency.  It's not easy being in the Top 10 and stay there for weeks and weeks, especially, if your game has some weaknesses, like Elena's serve.  But she plays consistently enough to stay in the Top 10 for long periods of time - and I admire her for that.  Like Elena, I try to stay as consistently active in my life and achieve as much as I could!

Thanks Elena for the inspiration!  I do hope you win a Grand Slam soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment