Lucie Safarova is one of my favorite tennis players, and although nowadays, she has been overshadowed by her more proficient countrywoman, Petra Kvitova, I still like watching her play - it's like seeing someone with the fragility of glass fight! Anyhow, she did very well in Charleston last week, by being the runner-up to the comebacking Serena Williams. Enroute to the finals, Lucie had wins over Vera Zvonareva in the quarters and up-and-coming Slovenian player, Polona Hercog in the semi's. She even double bageled Polona there! I do hope she maintains her form this clay season. It would be great to see her play well in Paris.
Labels
Popular Posts of the Week
-
Stan Wawrinka is one of the more unpredictable yet very talented players in the ATP Tour. When he's on, he can really ch...
-
Maria Sharapova returns to the semi-final stage of the Australian Open today for the seventh time in her career. She has passed this sta...
-
One of the more exciting news this year is the renaissance of German women's tennis. Steffi Graf , arguably the b...
-
Semi-Final A SWITZERLAND - 2 Timea Bacsinszky Belinda Bencic Stefanie Voegele CZECH REPUBLIC - 5 Petra Kvitova Lucie Safarova Kar...
-
When I saw the draw, I knew Laura Robson was going to be a tough opponent for Kim Clijsters , but I didn't fully expect her to bundle ...
-
Veteran Israeli player Dudi Sela, currently ranked #106, is the Male Breakthrough Player in this year's Australian Open. He reached...
-
I was watching the match between Vera Zvonareva and Daniela Hantuchova last night and the commentator just commen...
-
Novak Djokovic starts his 2013 grand slam campaign here in Melbourne with some tough match-ups on his path to the semifinal slot of thi...
-
Using the Head-to-Head data available at www.wtatour.com, the Semifinal match-ups looked like this. The number beside them is their curr...
-
Albert Montanes is no pushover when it comes to the clay courts of Roland Garros . He did reach the round of 16 last yea...
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Lucie Safarova Rises in Charleston
Lucie Safarova is one of my favorite tennis players, and although nowadays, she has been overshadowed by her more proficient countrywoman, Petra Kvitova, I still like watching her play - it's like seeing someone with the fragility of glass fight! Anyhow, she did very well in Charleston last week, by being the runner-up to the comebacking Serena Williams. Enroute to the finals, Lucie had wins over Vera Zvonareva in the quarters and up-and-coming Slovenian player, Polona Hercog in the semi's. She even double bageled Polona there! I do hope she maintains her form this clay season. It would be great to see her play well in Paris.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment