Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Francis Casey Alcantara: One of Our Hopes for Future Grand Slams



Like many local tennis fans, one of my dreams is to finally cheer for a local player when I watch a Grand Slam match and of course, for that player, to break into the ATP Tour Top 100.  I don't think it has ever happened before, at least not in my lifetime, so I read with great excitement, all the good feedback about this young player from Cagayan de Oro (Bisaya pud siya, kaanindot ba!) named Francis Casey Alcantara.  He's now currently with the Philippine Davis Cup team, an experience which should help him.  Well, let's see if he's joining the French Open since I haven't seen Jeson Petrombon in any of the draws lately.  Last I heard was that he was injured. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment