Like many local tennis fans, one of my dreams is to finally cheer for a local player when I watch a Grand Slam match and of course, for that player, to break into the ATP Tour Top 100. I don't think it has ever happened before, at least not in my lifetime, so I read with great excitement, all the good feedback about this young player from Cagayan de Oro (Bisaya pud siya, kaanindot ba!) named Francis Casey Alcantara. He's now currently with the Philippine Davis Cup team, an experience which should help him. Well, let's see if he's joining the French Open since I haven't seen Jeson Petrombon in any of the draws lately. Last I heard was that he was injured.
Labels
Popular Posts of the Week
-
When I was first figuring out the women's draw last night, I picked Sara Errani to reach the quarters of her draw and Roberta, be her...
-
1. Serena Williams / Venus Williams (USA) - 15 2. Karolina Pliskova / Petra Kvitova (CZE) - 19 3. Svetlana Kuznetsova / Elena Vesnina (...
-
One of the more intelligent players in the tour, Andrea Petkovic starts the year with a bang - by finishing runner-up to Petra Kvitova in ...
-
This blog awards American player Denis Kudla (#105) as the Male Breakthrough Player in this year's Wimbledon, by reaching the fourth ...
-
Using the Head-to-Head data available at www.atptennis.com, the Third Round match-ups looked like this. The number beside them is their c...
-
Everybody knows how hard it is to get into the main draw of a grand slam. There are a variety of ways to be included in it but if one ...
-
Tomas Berdych continues his strong run in the Chennai Open, and is my first favorite to reach the semi's. He should be able to handle...
-
Here's the draw for the first round. Competing countries are Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Fr...
-
When Lleyton Hewitt defeated Roger Federer in Brisbane a few weeks ago, the buzz has grown again as to how well Hewitt can possibly play ...
-
The fearlessness of youth colors all the columns in this year's US Open women's final as Raducanu and Fernandez come out of nowhere...
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Francis Casey Alcantara: One of Our Hopes for Future Grand Slams
Like many local tennis fans, one of my dreams is to finally cheer for a local player when I watch a Grand Slam match and of course, for that player, to break into the ATP Tour Top 100. I don't think it has ever happened before, at least not in my lifetime, so I read with great excitement, all the good feedback about this young player from Cagayan de Oro (Bisaya pud siya, kaanindot ba!) named Francis Casey Alcantara. He's now currently with the Philippine Davis Cup team, an experience which should help him. Well, let's see if he's joining the French Open since I haven't seen Jeson Petrombon in any of the draws lately. Last I heard was that he was injured.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment