Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy to See Sara Errani Rise and Rise


I've heard of Sara Errani before but since there are so many good Italian players, I couldn't really picture her until I saw her give a great performance in this year's Australian Open.  Unfortunately, she had to meet Petra Kvitova in the quarterfinal, and Petra was on a roll after her Wimbledon crown last year.  Still, it showed to me that this pocket size player from Italy had spunk.

Now that she just won her second title of the year here in the Barcelona Ladies Open against Slovakia's Dominika Cibulkova, she has shown that she can REALLY play on clay.  I do hope though that she gets a lucky draw in this coming French Open so that she can have a chance of getting deeper into that tournament.  I can't really say anything now till I see the actual draw but what she can do now is just build on her confidence and on her game, and everything will fall into place! 

If her countrywoman, Francesca Schiavone, came out of nowhere to win the French Open, two years ago, she could do that too!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment