Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Friday, January 26, 2018

A Maiden Grand Slam Title to Two Deserving Women



I don't know who to cheer for later today as the women's Australian Open singles title will be fought between two players whom I like - Simona Halep and Caroline Wozniacki.
Anyhow, Caro has a very slight edge for me, against Simona because I feel she is very long overdue for that grand slam title. Also, she spent less court time here than Simona, who had a titanic match against Kerber in an earlier round.
Both are very good defenders so expect long rallies. Both have remarkable serves but nothing that comes close to the zingers of Serena, so I don't think there'd be too many short points.
I guess it will boil down to who is more aggressive in getting points, who will be fearless in putting that ball inside the line and who can find the angles that would keep the ball away from the opponent's racket.
I think Simona can do all that and also being the #1 seed, on paper, she is the player to beat.
Whoever wins, a first time grand slam winner will be awarded later.

No comments:

Post a Comment