Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Interesting Aussie Open 2013 First Round Match-Ups: Francesca Schiavone vs. Petra Kvitova

I actually haven't seen Petra Kvitova and Francesca Schiavone play in a while now but when I saw their names in the first round draw of this year's Australian Open, I thought it was an interesting match-up since both are marquee names - both grand slam champions - and both are very determined fighters.  I guess age is finally catching up with Schiavo but I would still love to see her play in the twilight of her career.  Petra is still revving it up after her Wimbledon win.  Could she find her spark here in Melbourne?  Her first round performance could be very vital in her doing that.

Their head-to-head is at 3-1 with Petra winning all their meetings last year, even winning over Schiavo on clay.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment