Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Fearless Forecast for the ATP Madrid Semifinals



The final eight players have already been determined in the Madrid Open.  The first duel is between Rafael Nadal and Michael Llodra of France.  Well, no question here as to who will win.  I don't think Llodra would be able to upset Nadal considering the latter's form now. 

Nadal in two sets.



The second quarterfinal is between Roger Federer and Robin Soderling.  I think Robin has won over Nadal but not over Federer, at least on clay.  So I put my bet here on Federer.  I think his win over Feliciano Lopez in the second round has steeled him a bit and allowed him to find a way out of tight situations.



The next pair to duel is a battle between two Thomases - Tomas Berdych and Thomaz Belluci. Interestingly here, I am thinking Thomaz Belluci, although ranked lower, can pull an upset - since this is clay.  Berdych has made breakthroughs but in grass and in the hard courts.  You don't usually associate his name to clay court prowess.  So I think Belluci can pull off another upset here, after his Murray win also, today.


I know David Ferrer is in fiery form now but so is Novak Djokovic, and Novak has not yet lost this season!  So I think, even if this is clay, he can still find a way to defeat Ferrer, who in the last clay court rankings, is #2 to Nadal.  Also, Novak is fresh right now while David has had several tournaments already.

No comments:

Post a Comment