Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Really Happy for Angelique Kerber As She Wins Mighty Battle Against Maria Sharapova


It's never easy to win against Maria Sharapova because she doesn't back down!  I have seen her play many times and when she's down, she always finds a way back to the winning box - something which she did several times in this year's French Open enroute to her fifth grand slam title.

Well, I had to ditch the Body Jam launch class today at FF Trinoma because I wanted to catch their match live, 8PM here in Manila.  The match finished around 10:30PM as Angie Kerber really upped her game and traded blistering groundstrokes against Maria.  

I was rooting for Angie Kerber since I knew that she had the game to upset Maria.  Of course, that's easier said than done.  I really thought she had it in the bag when she was 4-1 in the third set, but Maria came back, as Maria is wont to do in these situations and at 5-4, Angie had to contend with seven matchpoints before finally winning the match!

It was such a high quality match with a lot of unbelievable shots!  I don't know if Angie will have enough time to rest before she meets Eugenie Bouchard tomorrow but anyway, I hope she can still play at this level in their match tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment