Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Team Murray-smo Ready To Defend Wimbledon Title



It's always fun to have a little drama before any grand slam and this Wimbledon 2014 is no different.  It's rare indeed for a male player to hire a female coach, I believe it's the first time it ever happened, especially that Amelie Mauresmo is not a family member of Andy Murray. But Murray worked with his mother for years so I think - working again with another woman is something he has done before.

I saw Murray play at the French Open and I was really happy to see him reach the semifinal.  I guess there, the pressure is much lesser so he can be more relaxed to play his game.  He has do a lot more though if he wants to defend his title because Nadal and Djokovic are in really devastating form - and if they can retain that on that given day, they are the two main guys to fight for the title.

However, everyone, including champions have their off days so if windows like those can open for Andy, he has a fighting chance of defending his Wimbledon title.

I think he has an easier draw than Djokovic and as a side story, this Wimbledon is also the best chance of Grigor Dimitrov to finally be in the limelight!  I pick him as Murray's opponent in the quarters.  I pick Andy though to get the semifinal slot in his side of the draw, and possibly meet Novak Djokovic in the semi's.

No comments:

Post a Comment