Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Seniors Are Still Active On the Draw in Melbourne

As I looked on the draw of men's Australian Open 2014, I can see that there are still several senior players who can do damage in the draw!  Most notably, there's Tommy Haas, who I think, can possibly reach the fourth round in his side of the draw!  He may be 35 years old already but he's currently ranked #12 in the world!  Imagine that!

Radek Stepanek is also another journeyman, who at 35, should reach the second round here in Melbourne this year.  He's currently ranked #44.

My favorite player, Tommy Robredo, is already 31 but still, currently ranked #18.  I predict that he will reach the third round here in Melbourne. 

Nikolay Davydenko, a former top 5 player, is 32 and is currently ranked #61.  I think he should reach the second round in Melbourne this year.

Mikhail Youzhny is another senior player who I think should reach up to the third round here in Melbourne this year.  He's 31 and currently ranked #15!  That's pretty high!

Finally, there's Roger Federer, who at 32, is still at #6 and should reach the 4th round in Melbourne this year.  Heck, if he defeats Tsonga, his perennial conqueror, he should even reach the quarterfinals.  Murray is the guy he has to defeat in his side of the draw though to reach the semifinals.

No comments:

Post a Comment