Before this week, the only Hungarian female player I knew was Greta Arn, who incidentally, was also here in Monterrey competing. Instead an unknown player Timea Babos came out and grabbed the title. This is actually the first time I've ever heard of her, and because of her victory, she is already ranked #68. Such a huge leap! She won over another breakout player from Romania, Alexandra Cadantu. On the way to the final, Timea won over Sara Errani (#35) in the semifinals, and Sorana Cirstea (#49) in the second round.
Labels
Popular Posts of the Week
-
It's Wimbledon once again and here I am picking the four men and women who I think have the best chances of winning the trophy based ...
-
Maria Sharapova is my pick to snag the semifinal slot for this side of the draw. However, she could face the following opponents -...
-
1. Serena Williams / Venus Williams (USA) - 15 2. Karolina Pliskova / Petra Kvitova (CZE) - 19 3. Svetlana Kuznetsova / Elena Vesnina (...
-
I don't really follow the NBA but I was able to glimpse Sasha Vujacic in Maria Sharapova 's box in her semifinals a few da...
-
Zhang Shuai is one of the four Chinese women in the Top 100 today, and gauging from how she played today, I won't be surprised if she ...
-
Since Jurgen Zopp is the lowest ranked player to reach the second round this French Open, he is rewarded as the Male Breakout Player for ...
-
Using the Head-to-Head data available at www.atptennis.com, here are the four semifinalists in my fantasy 2012 Olympics men...
-
Julia Goerges will carry the hopes for Germany in the Stuttgart Open. Today, she stuns Samantha Stosur 64 36 75, to get into the finals o...
-
Since Petra Kvitova is a former champion here in Wimbledon, I have seen how dangerous she can really get if she just gets the right ki...
-
Svetlana Kuznetsova (#23) reached her first final this year in the Dubai Open. She has reached the quarterfinals in Sydney and the fourth...
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Timea Babos: Breakout Hungarian Player
Before this week, the only Hungarian female player I knew was Greta Arn, who incidentally, was also here in Monterrey competing. Instead an unknown player Timea Babos came out and grabbed the title. This is actually the first time I've ever heard of her, and because of her victory, she is already ranked #68. Such a huge leap! She won over another breakout player from Romania, Alexandra Cadantu. On the way to the final, Timea won over Sara Errani (#35) in the semifinals, and Sorana Cirstea (#49) in the second round.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment