Labels
Popular Posts of the Week
-
Albert Montanes is no pushover when it comes to the clay courts of Roland Garros . He did reach the round of 16 last yea...
-
Stan Wawrinka is one of the more unpredictable yet very talented players in the ATP Tour. When he's on, he can really ch...
-
When I saw the draw, I knew Laura Robson was going to be a tough opponent for Kim Clijsters , but I didn't fully expect her to bundle ...
-
Yanina Wickmayer wasn't able to defend her Auckland Classic title, losing to veteran Greta Arn. This was her path to the finals - F...
-
It's great that Benjamin Becker, currently ranked #102, has been to the second round of Wimbledon for the seventh time. He has been...
-
After that exhilarating run at Roland Garros just a month ago, many Nadal fans just can't help but hope that Nadal does it again in ...
-
I formulated my own 2012 Olympic Games women's draw based on this week's rankings (July 23, 2012). What I did was to randomly p...
-
Lleyton Hewitt of Australia (#308) reached the second round of the Australian Open for the 13th time. He defeated compatriot James Duckw...
-
It's never easy to win against Maria Sharapova because she doesn't back down! I have seen her play many times and when she'...
-
I know the finals is still a few days away but the way Garbine Muguruza is playing shows that she is a very good bet to be one of the fi...
Saturday, February 11, 2012
Maria Kirilenko: Finalist Pattaya Open
Maria Kirilenko (#26) is finally in the news as she gets to the finals of the Pattaya Open, losing a very hard fought final to eventual champion, Daniela Hantuchova. I haven't heard much from Maria these past few months so it's good to hear that she's back in good form.
She had a tough time getting through though. In the semifinals, she ekked out a 62 57 64 win over in-form Sorana Cirstea (#54). In the quarterfinals, she defeated local heroine, Tamarine Tanasugarn (#94) 76(2) 61. In the second round, she had a tougher three-set match against Australian Anastasia Rodionova (#98) 26 63 76(3), where she almost lost. It was the same thing in the first round against another Australian Casey Dellacqua (#103) 46 76(6) 63.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment