Labels
Popular Posts of the Week
-
It's Wimbledon once again and here I am picking the four men and women who I think have the best chances of winning the trophy based ...
-
Maria Sharapova is my pick to snag the semifinal slot for this side of the draw. However, she could face the following opponents -...
-
Using the Head-to-Head data available at www.atptennis.com, here are the four semifinalists in my fantasy 2012 Olympics men...
-
Since Petra Kvitova is a former champion here in Wimbledon, I have seen how dangerous she can really get if she just gets the right ki...
-
Oh well, I formulated my own 2012 Olympic Games men's draw based on this week's rankings (July 23, 2012). What I did was to rando...
-
Another tennis sensation is coming out of Switzerland, this time, it's the junior player, Belinda Bencic, currently ranked #58, who ...
-
Andy Murray is not a name one would usually associate with clay court prowess, but this year, he was able to add his name to two clay ...
-
Svetlana Kuznetsova (#23) reached her first final this year in the Dubai Open. She has reached the quarterfinals in Sydney and the fourth...
-
Eugenie Bouchard is one young player who is consistent and certainly causing seismic waves within the women's game! I don't even...
-
In every Grand Slam, there is at least one or two Russian women who break into the Top 100, as if the Russian presence in women's ten...
Saturday, February 11, 2012
Maria Kirilenko: Finalist Pattaya Open
Maria Kirilenko (#26) is finally in the news as she gets to the finals of the Pattaya Open, losing a very hard fought final to eventual champion, Daniela Hantuchova. I haven't heard much from Maria these past few months so it's good to hear that she's back in good form.
She had a tough time getting through though. In the semifinals, she ekked out a 62 57 64 win over in-form Sorana Cirstea (#54). In the quarterfinals, she defeated local heroine, Tamarine Tanasugarn (#94) 76(2) 61. In the second round, she had a tougher three-set match against Australian Anastasia Rodionova (#98) 26 63 76(3), where she almost lost. It was the same thing in the first round against another Australian Casey Dellacqua (#103) 46 76(6) 63.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment