Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Monday, September 6, 2010

US OPEN 2010: Female Breakout Player - Beatrice Capra


Every Grand Slam, I pick a player I crown as my 'Breakout Player' for that Grand Slam.  The criteria is that it is a player not in the current Top 50, who makes a big splash in that Grand Slam.  She can be a returning veteran or a newcomer to the sport.  

Since all the current players in the Round of 16 are Top 50 players, I can now pick my 'Female Breakout Player' for the US Open 2010. 

I have picked BEATRICE CAPRA from the US.  Beatrice, 18, reached the 3rd round of this year's US Open where she lost to Maria Sharapova.  However, on her way there, she beats Aravane Rezai, a current Top 20 player, and Karolina Sprem, a wily veteran.  Not bad for a player currently ranked #371!

With her performance here, she should be in the Top 200 soon and have a chance to break into the Top 100 if she continues her winning streak!  Another bright spot for American tennis!

No comments:

Post a Comment