Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Monday, June 1, 2015

Lucie Safarova Defeats the Queen!


I admit I love Lucie Safarova!  I was virtually cheering for her as she mightily defended and aggressively played against Maria Sharapova in their 4th round match today.  It's not that Maria did not play well, it's just that Lucie finally had the belief that she could climb that mountain and defeat a grand slam defending champion!

One of the commentators, former player, Anne Keothavong, complimented her, saying that she was the David Ferrer of women's tennis, not exactly in the top four, but one of those journeywomen who can upset the top seeds if they do not watch their backs!

I think I saw her play Sharapova last year, in the US Open, same round, and Lucie almost won!  She did everything right, but you know Maria, she will never let go until the last point.  You have to really beat her!  And I guess, with Lucie concentrating on her game plan, and executing it well, she gets to her first Roland Garros quarterfinal!

No comments:

Post a Comment