Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Serena Williams: How Do You Improve Something That is Already Perfect

When I first saw the Williams sisters play in the late 90s, I realized that the women's game has been elevated to a higher level - and I thought that would be it - and that was basically it for a decade and a half afterwards.  However, seeing how Serena practically obliterated everyone in her path here in Paris this fortnight, just shows that that higher level of play I was talking about - has been elevated two, three notches higher this time around - and all the other talented women players - Maria, Vika, Agi - they all now have to really improve their games.  I am really impressed at how Serena just perfected every single asset that she already had!  How do you perfect something that is already flawless to begin with!  It's like a chess game.  Now that Serena has made her move, I am waiting to see how the rest of the women players find a way to beat her - and Wimbledon is just a month away.......

No comments:

Post a Comment