Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Mother Knows Best: My Imaginary Career As A Physical Therapist for Tennis Players

This was the physical therapist talking to Victor Hanescu when the latter asked for a medical timeout.





Victor Hanescu actually lay on the court floor as the PT did his job.
Mother knows best talaga! When I was still choosing a course to study in college, Mama was insisting I take up Physical Therapy kasi nga at that time, in demand siya sa US. Anyway, fast forward 25 years later, I realized that the guys pala who help tennis players during medical timeouts are physical therapists!! 

Yun lang, since specific siya to tennis, you have to accredit yourself and take exams echos echos (I actually did some research!) - tapos you'd be accredited na to help in certain tournaments, even in Grand Slams! Imagine that, if I only listened to Mother, e dapat ako na ang nanghihipo este, nagmamasahe sa muscles ni Rafa Nadal if he asks for a medical timeout! 

Anyway, today, Victor Hanescu asked for a medical timeout and it was the first time ever that I saw one being done. May I takbo talaga ang PT and ambilis ng treatment! Oh well, at that time kasi, I thought PTs were just limited to work in hospitals, in demand din pala sila among athletes - imagine kung PT ako ng Azkals, kahit wiz na pay, go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment