Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Friday, July 15, 2011

Auf Wiedersehen Sybille Bammer!

Sybille Bammer

I just learned that one of my favorite players in the WTA tour, Sybille Bammer from Austria has decided to retire this week after Bad Gastein.  I remember her very well because she's one of the few players I know who has a 2-0 win-loss record against Serena Williams!  Yeah, you read that right, the mighty Serena!  Even Sybille does not know how she did that - but she did!  I was really happy for her when she reached the quarters in the US Open in 2008 and she has also won two WTA titles.  I also remember her having to travel with her daughter while she played - I think she's the first mother to win a WTA title!  Of course now, Kim Clijsters has taken it a step further by being the first mother to win a Grand Slam! 

Anyhow, thanks for all the great memories Sybille and we'll miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment