Labels

Popular Posts of the Week

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Elina Svitolina Off to First Grand Slam Quarterfinal!


I have been hearing a lot about the Ukrainian player, Elina Svitolina for sometime now but I've never seen her play!  That's because, during Grand Slam coverages, you have to play against Serena or Maria to get primetime coverage.  Otherwise, you fly under the radar.

And fly under the radar Elina did but not anymore, I think.  By reaching her first Grand Slam quarterfinal here in RG, the other players in the WTA tour will be marking her name and it will be up to her if she folds under the pressure or revel in it, since she'll be new to all the circus that will surround newly minted players of the future.

She plays former champion Ana Ivanovic in the next round, and I think she has the weapons to give Ana a good fight!  I hope the possibility of a semifinal won't daunt her too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment