She defeated Schiavone in the third round, then Ksenia Pervak in the fourth round, which made her earn her first quarterfinal appearance in a Grand Slam! When I first saw her play years ago in Wimbledon, I really thought that that was the beginning of Tamira's ascent in women's tennis. But it took some time for her to be back in the swing of things again - and her impressive quarterfinal appearance here in Wimbledon should remind her of what she is capable of doing. She has the game that can threated everyone in the Top 5 and she needs to build her confidence that she can do it week in, week out. I just really hope she does not falter again after Wimbledon, like she did before. Barbara Schett was the last Austrian woman I remember to reach the Top 10. It's not impossible for Tamira to do just that!
Labels
Popular Posts of the Week
-
Since Jurgen Zopp is the lowest ranked player to reach the second round this French Open, he is rewarded as the Male Breakout Player for ...
-
1. Serena Williams / Venus Williams (USA) - 15 2. Karolina Pliskova / Petra Kvitova (CZE) - 19 3. Svetlana Kuznetsova / Elena Vesnina (...
-
Julia Goerges will carry the hopes for Germany in the Stuttgart Open. Today, she stuns Samantha Stosur 64 36 75, to get into the finals o...
-
Zhang Shuai is one of the four Chinese women in the Top 100 today, and gauging from how she played today, I won't be surprised if she ...
-
Well, I just checked the uppermost segment of the women's draw and Maria Sharapova should be the player in that side of the draw that ...
-
Novak Djokovic continues to be unbeaten this year, beating clay court king Rafael Nadal here in Madrid, to win this year's trophy....
-
It's the usual Russians, Spanish and French players during the yearly French Open, so it's interesting to see that two Brits and two...
-
Taking advantage of the sudden withdrawal of Maria Sharapova, Bethanie Mattek-Sands took care of the other seed, Andrea Petkovic, to take ...
-
Sergei Bubka , namesake of the great pole vaulter from Russia , is the player in focus at the Qatar Open , being the lowest ranked playe...
-
Using the Head-to-Head data available at www.atptennis.com, here was the final 8 in the my fantasy 2012 Olympics Men's Tennis competiti...
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Tamira Paszek's Quarterfinal Appearance A Rejuvenation!
She defeated Schiavone in the third round, then Ksenia Pervak in the fourth round, which made her earn her first quarterfinal appearance in a Grand Slam! When I first saw her play years ago in Wimbledon, I really thought that that was the beginning of Tamira's ascent in women's tennis. But it took some time for her to be back in the swing of things again - and her impressive quarterfinal appearance here in Wimbledon should remind her of what she is capable of doing. She has the game that can threated everyone in the Top 5 and she needs to build her confidence that she can do it week in, week out. I just really hope she does not falter again after Wimbledon, like she did before. Barbara Schett was the last Austrian woman I remember to reach the Top 10. It's not impossible for Tamira to do just that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment